The Settings Interface
The Settings interface may be accessed by selecting the Settings tab at the top-left corner of the screen:
The interface consists of a toolbar, a set of tabs and fields, and a status bar.
KScan3D features more than 90 customizable settings, offering you the flexibility to tailor the software for your specific 3D scanning needs.
- The General settings tab displays the Show Advanced Settings checkbox, the Restore Defaults button, the Default Project Path field, Mesh Generation settings, Mesh Export settings, and Sound Effects settings.
- Show Advanced Settings
- If the Show Advanced Settings checkbox is checked, a set of advanced settings tabs will appear.
- Restore Defaults
- Select the Restore Defaults button to revert all settings in all tabs to their default values.
- Default Project Path
- This field displays the default project path that KScan3D uses to access projects. To select a different path, click the "three dots" icon beside the path name and choose a different folder. You can also launch Windows Explorer by clicking the arrow icon beside the path name.
- Mesh Generation
- Set the number of smoothing and erosion passes that will be applied as a mesh is generated.
- Mesh Export
- Select the measurement units you wish to use during mesh export. A scale factor other than 1 may also be selected. Checking the Recenter option will export meshes centered at the origin. Checking the Flip Vertical option will rotate exported meshes 180 degrees.
- Sound Effects
- Checking the Enable Sound Effects option will turn on countdown delay and shutter sounds. Adjust the volume with the Volume Control slider.
- This list displays editable camera settings related to the live video feeds.
- This list displays an option to enable or disable automatic device management.
- This list displays editable device settings related to texture dimensions, point cloud "point" sizes, and software vertex processing.
- This list displays editable global settings related to log saving, image format support, maximum file tracking, splash screen display options, start page display options, message count amounts, and backup settings.
- This list displays editable path settings.
- This list displays editable processing settings.
- This list displays scanning settings that allow you to set the default auto alignment type and generation type.
- This list displays a setting that allows you to specify a script file that you can run upon launching KScan3D.
The Status Bar consists of a row of fields and buttons at the bottom of the screen:
- This field displays the name of the current project.
- Number of Scans
- This field displays the number of scans in the current project.
- This button displays the current status of KScan3D. Select the status message to display a list of previous status messages.
- Show Script Editor
- This button launches the Script Editor. For more information, see Automation and Script Commands.
- System Check
- This field indicates the status of the scanner system.
NEXT: Scanning Basics